Human connection is important and it is a huge aspect of building relationships. During these times of COVID-19, optimism, hope, and kindness are strong. Communities are banding together to support each other. It is wonderful to see individuals, families, organizations, and businesses unite together to support each other while following social distancing rules. It is a pleasure to talk with businesses and hear of the ways they are adding services and finding ways to continue to connect with people.
Many people have entered the world of telecommuting. Telecommuting is not new, it began in 1972, and in the 1990s many large companies began to offer telecommuting as a way to comply with the Clean Air Act. As individuals and businesses, we are having to think outside of the box. We need to reinvent the w
ay we are doing everything from our basic jobs to how we do business. We want to congratulate you on your innovation.
Leadership guru, Simon Sinek discusses the various chemicals in our brains, one of the four is Oxytocin. Oxytocin is the chemical released with physical contact, the handshake, the hug, the physical contact is a sign of trust. During this time of social distancing, we need to find ways to receive the ‘warm fuzzies’ daily. It is vital to stay connected to your customers.
Be sure to post your business hours
- Are you open or closed?
- Do you have shortened hours?
- How can customers reach you?
Post new procedures
- Have you added delivery or curbside pickup?
- Post your Social distancing and sanitization procedures.
- Are you telecommuting?
Think outside of the box
- Gift cards
- Virtual tours
- Games or give-a-way
- Tips and tricks
How are you helping?
We are in this together. Take the opportunity to toot your own horn, post how our business and employees are giving back to the local community.
- Check on your customers, let them know you miss seeing them and that you anxiously await when you can see their faces again.
- Keep your local chamber informed on what is going on with your business so they help spread the word
- Remember when you are talking on the phone to smile, the listener can hear it in your voice.
Utilize the tools available will help increase your visibility and keep you connected. We are here to help each other and grow our local communities.